NLW MS 11870A.
Extracts from Montgomeryshire records,
- 1930 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Abstracts of Estimaner probate records, 1705-1790; a copy, in the writer's hand, of a letter from Richd. Bennett to Dr. [D. C.] Lloyd-Owen, undated ( probate records at Bangor); extracts of baptisms, marriages, and burials from the parish registers of Kerry, 1616-1791, Llanwrin, 1709-1812, Llanfair Caereinion, 1725-1776, Penstrowed, 1672-1832, Llanwnog, 1683-1745, Llanwyddelan, 1772-1828, and Llandinam, 1721-1868; abstracts of two deeds relating to properties in Llanegryn, 1749-1772; statistics relating to the [ Newtown] District of [Calvinistic Methodist] Sunday Schools, 1858-1862?, extracted from a volume in the custody of J. R. Evans, Trefeglwys; miscellaneous eighteenth century extracts from parish registers relating to the Montgomeryshire families of Morris, Stephens, etc.; extracts from memorial inscriptions in the churchyards of Llandinam, 1711-1883, Llanwnog, 1757-1910, and Llanbryn-mair, 1830-1842, and of Caersws Baptist Church, 1869- 1904; and transcripts and extracts from manuscript and printed sources, among them being an annotated list of sheriffs of co. Montgomery, 1541- 1847, 1867. The volume was compiled in 1930.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Richard Bennett 54.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11870A.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Probate records -- Wales -- Bangor
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Llanegryn
- Sunday schools -- Wales -- Newtown
- Calvinistic Methodists -- Wales -- Newtown
- Baptists -- Wales -- Caersws
- Sheriffs -- Wales -- Montgomeryshire
- Montgomeryshire (Wales) -- Genealogy
- Montgomeryshire (Wales) -- Officials and employees
Place access points
Genre access points
- Probate records -- Wales -- Merioneth.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Kerry.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanwrin
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanfair Caereinion
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Penstrowed
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanwnog.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanwyddelan
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llandinam
- Deeds -- Wales -- Llanegryn.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Powys
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Llandinam.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Llanwnog.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Caersws
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales