- 1925 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Abstracts of title deeds and documents of the families of Owen and Evans of Eskeirieth [in Trefeglwys], 1660/1-1833, Bennett of Derwllwydion [in Trefeglwys], 1765-1817, Jones and Owen of Ddolgoed in Talyllyn and of Tyddyn Llawr in Penegoes, 1738-1849, Lloyd of Cefnbarrach in Trefeglwys, 1691/2-1808, etc.; notes on the family of Jones of Ddolgoed; extracts from memorial inscriptions in the churchyards of Llanbrynmair, 1781-1862, Trefeglwys, 1792-1915, Llandinam, 1814-1896, Bettws [Cedewain], 1769-1914, and Capel Bangor, co. Cardigan (with references to the family of Edwards of Pwllcenawon), 1829-1901; a list of overseers of the poor and churchwardens of the upper and lower divisions of the parish of Llanbrynmair, 1706-1743; abstracts of deeds (in the 'C.M. Safe, Llanidloes'), 1795-1811, relating to properties in Carno and Llandinam, including the site of Gleiniant Calvinistic Methodist chapel; abstracts of deeds in the Peniarth, Celynog, and other collections in the National Library of Wales; a list of probate records of Montgomeryshire and Merioneth interest, 1660-1698; miscellaneous extracts from the parish registers of Llandinam, Bettws [Cedewain], Kerry, Llanidloes, Trefeglwys, Llangurig, Penstrowed, Llanwnog, Carno, Talyllyn, Pennal, Llanbrynmair, Penegoes, Cemmes, Machynlleth, Darowen, Mallwyd, Llanwryn, etc., and from the register of Penllwyn [Calvinistic Methodist Church, co. Cardigan] (with references to the family of Edwards of Pwllcenawon); extracts from Trevecka Manuscripts; and miscellaneous extracts from manuscript and printed sources. The volume was compiled in 1925.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Richard Bennett 61.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11877A.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Church officers -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Poor -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Public welfare -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Trefeglwys
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Talyllyn
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Penegoes
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Carno
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Llandinam
- Calvinistic Methodists -- Wales -- Trefeglwys
- Calvinistic Methodists -- Wales -- Capel Bangor
- Montgomeryshire (Wales) -- Genealogy
- Merioneth (Wales) -- Genealogy
Place access points
Name access points
- Gleiniant (Church : Trefeglwys, Wales) (Subject)
- Capel Penllwyn (Capel Bangor, Wales) (Subject)
- Trevecca College -- Archives (Subject)
- Owen family, of Trefeglwys (Subject)
- Evans family, of Trefeglwys (Subject)
- Bennett family, of Trefeglwys. (Subject)
- Jones family, of Dolgoed, Talyllyn and Tyddyn Llawr, Penegoes (Subject)
- Owen family, of Dolgoed, Talyllyn and Tyddyn Llawr, Penegoes (Subject)
- Lloyd family, of Cefnbarrach, Trefeglwys. (Subject)
- Edwards family, of Pwllcenawon, Capel Bangor (Subject)
Genre access points
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Trefeglwys.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Llandinam.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Betws Cedewain
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Capel Bangor
- Deeds -- Wales -- Trefeglwys.
- Deeds -- Wales -- Talyllyn
- Deeds -- Wales -- Penegoes
- Deeds -- Wales -- Carno
- Deeds -- Wales -- Llandinam.
- Deeds -- Wales -- Montgomeryshire
- Probate records -- Wales -- Montgomeryshire
- Probate records -- Wales -- Merioneth.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Powys
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Merionethshire