According to a 17 cent. list in NLW, Powys Castle Estate Records, the manor of Cydewain comprised the following thirty seven townships: Aberhavesp; Aberhaley, Llanvechan, Pullan; Penymes, Treganol, Pencoed; Manavon Llan, Manavon Llys, Manavon Gaynog, Donyrhiw; Ffreeth and Penywern, Keele, Allt ucha, Allt yssa, Vaynore yssa, Vaynor ucha, Beriow, Llivior, Penthryn, Keelkuchwyn, Garthmil, Trustllewelyn, Bryn Kkaymisu; Ucheldre yr Bettus, Garthgellyn, Dolevoryn, Aberbechan, Llanythom, and Keelcowan; Gwestid, Henhudle; Rhandir, Bolbro, Bryntalch, Llamerewige aliasKillgurgan, Dyffryn Llanvayre, and the Town or Borough of Newtown [? Pentre Llanvayre]. The township of Llanlligar appears in some of the earlier view of frankpledge returns, eg 1660(B). Vaynor ucha sometimes has "and Vacheere" added, eg (1660(e)). Bryn Kkaymisu, ?incorporating a former separate township "Keven Gwernia". The leet courts were held at the following locations: 1525-1533 (not indicated); 1660-1718 mainly at Tregynon, frequently at Berriew (from 1666) and occasionally at Glanhavren, Abermule, and Llanwyddelam; 1719-1730, alternatively at Berriew and Newtown (last at Berriew: 1730 Michaelmas, first at Newtown: 1719 Easter; 1731-1841 at Newtown. The records comprise court rolls, 1525-1724 (MA 678-682), court books, 1603-1722 (MA 683-686), and court leet proceedings, 1660-1841 (MA 687-985). From 1824 the estreats were often divided under the three parishes of Newtown, Tregynon and Llanllwchaearn.