Papers deriving from the leasing and management of the coal mines in Pembrokeshire, held successively by the Lewes family of Abernantbychan, Lewis Pyrse of Woodstock, Edward Loveden Loveden of Buscot Park and their successors in the Pryse family of Gogerddan, 1745-1866. They comprise leases and lease agreements, 1745-1839, accounts, 1753-1866, letters, 1773-1866, and letters and papers relating to the dispute with Lord Milford over Moreton Colliery, 1773-1798. The contents refer mainly to Moreton Colliery in the parish of St Issells near Saundersfoot but also include records from Trevane, Picton Moor, Vadson and Hopshill. There are frequent references to Sir John Philipps of Picton Castle, his son, Sir Richard Philipps (Lord Milford), William Hopkins, Henry Phelps of Norchard, James Child of Begeli and others. Much information is revealed about the practical and economic aspects of coal mining in Pembrokeshire, the individuals involved, the transgressions by other proprietors and the ensuing legal disputes.