- 1842-1910 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Guarded and filed at NLW.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Letters and cards, 1842-1910, to John Thomas (Pencerdd Gwalia) reflecting his long career and including references to his early efforts to establish himself as a musician, to his concert tours abroad, and to his compositions.
Among the correspondents are Augusta Ada King-Noel, Lady Lovelace (18) 1844-1847 and n.d., Dr Joseph Parry (1) 1874, Cipriani Potter (6) 1851-1867, Brinley Richards (4) 1862-1864 and n.d., Sir Arthur Sullivan (1) 1873 and Penry Williams (1) 1855. Also included are drafts and copies of letters, 1851-1910, from John Thomas.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
English, French, German.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 23391E.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Thomas, John, 1826-1913 -- Career in music. (Subject)
- Thomas, John, 1826-1913 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Lovelace, Ada King, Countess of, 1815-1852 (Subject)
- Parry, Joseph, 1841-1903 (Subject)
- Potter, Philip Cipriani Hambly, 1792-1871. (Subject)
- Richards, Brinley, 1819-1885. (Subject)
- Sullivan, Arthur, Sir, 1842-1900. (Subject)
- Williams, Penry, 1798-1885 (Subject)
- Lovelace, Ada King, Countess of, 1815-1852 -- Correspondence (Subject)