- 1906-1930. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
77 ff. Guarded and filed at NLW in 1966.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Mrs Alice Huws Davies, widow of T. Huws Davies; London; Donation; February 1946
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Some thirty-eight letters, 1906-1930, in English and Welsh, addressed to Thomas Huws Davies, relating to the work of the Welsh Church Commission (of which he was secretary, 1914-1940) and to other religious bodies in Wales and the Welsh Church Acts.
Among the correspondents are J. H. Davies, 1913 (ff. 5-10), A. G. Edwards, Archbishop of Wales, 1909-1923 (ff. 13-15, 17), E. T. John, 1930 (ff. 21-24), Frank Morgan, 1920 (f. 27), Sir H[enry] W. Primrose, 1918-1919 (ff. 28-41), Alfred Thomas, Baron Pontypridd, 1913 (ff. 48-49), R[ichard] M[acaulay] Thomas, 1909-1911 (ff. 50-57), Sir John Williams, 1909 (f. 58), and W. Llewelyn Williams, 1910-1917 (ff. 61-70). Also included are one letter each from Davies, 1919 (ff. 42-45), and A. G. Edwards, 1920 (f. 16), to Sir H. W. Primrose; a letter from C[harles] P[restwich] Scott to J. Arthur Price, 1912 (f. 47); and two drafts of a letter by Davies, on behalf of the Home Secretary, published in The Times, 17 June 1912, p. 4 (ff. 71-77).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Arranged alphabetically by correspondent at NLW.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions set out in information provided when applying for their Readers' Tickets, whereby the reader shall become responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to any processing by them of personal data obtained from modern records held at the Library.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 16354D.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Church of England -- Establishment and disestablishment -- Wales. (Subject)
- Church in Wales -- Establishment and disestablishment. (Subject)
- Welsh Church Commission. (Subject)
- Davies, T. Huws (Thomas Huws), 1882-1940 -- Correspondence. (Subject)
- Davies, J. H. (John Humphreys), 1871-1926 (Subject)
- Edwards, Alfred George, 1848-1937. (Subject)
- John, Edward T. (Edward Thomas), 1857-1931. (Subject)
- Morgan, Frank, 1868-1935. (Subject)
- Thomas, Alfred, 1840-1927. (Subject)
- Thomas, Richard Macaulay, 1857-1937. (Subject)
- Primrose, Henry, Sir, 1846-1923. (Subject)
- Williams, W. Llewelyn (William Llewelyn), 1867-1922. (Subject)
- Price, J. Arthur (John Arthur), 1861-1942. (Subject)
- Scott, Charles Prestwich, 1846-1932. (Subject)
- Williams, John, 1840-1926 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Description compiled by Rhys Morgan Jones;