- [1900x1937] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A list of the names of farms and their occupiers [in Llanbryn-mair] in 1744 and succeeding years; a list of overseers of the poor and of churchwardens for the Upper and Lower Divisions of the parish of Llanbrynmair, 1744-1803; extracts, relating to early probate records, from Collections Historical & Archaeological relating to Montgomeryshire, vols. XXVII-XXVIII; a list of 'Public Officers of Montgomeryshire', being the names of grand jurors and jurors for the hundred of Machynlleth, 1680-1701; extracts from records of the Court of Quarter Sessions for co. Montgomery, being presentments and depositions, 1681-1695, relating to Nonconformity and to the repair of bridges in Llanbrynmair, the clipping of coins, etc.; and lists of ratepayers, 1737, and of churchwardens, 1635-1780, for the parish of Darowen, taken from Collections . . . relating to Montgomeryshire, vol. XXVI.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Richard Bennett 13.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11829B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Farms -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair.
- Poor -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Public welfare -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Church officers -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Jurors -- Wales -- Machynlleth
- Courts -- Wales -- Machynlleth -- Officials and employees
- Dissenters, Religious -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Bridges -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair -- Maintenance and repair
- Coin clippings -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair
- Taxation -- Wales -- Darowen
- Church officers -- Wales -- Darowen
- Montgomeryshire (Wales) -- Officials and employees