[Plas Nantyr Photo Album 2]
- [ca.1880-ca.1890] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 photograph album (83 photographs) b&w ; 287 x 250 mm.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated to the NLW ca.1938.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Album bound in black leather with gold tooling and slightly damaged. Includes commercially and privately produced photographs, many of Lancaster and the north west of England. Of particular note are images of the Yarlside Iron Mines, street scenes in Preston (Lancashire), Lancaster Quay Commissioners trip 188-, River Thames after a University boat race, numerous views of Downing Hall, Flintshire and grounds, some being snowscenes.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Access to the original work by authorised permission only. Users are directed to use the digital image.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title and date supplied by cataloguer.
Includes 14 loose photographs, mostly of unidentified scenes.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Railroad locomotives lctgm -- British -- England -- Yarlside -- 1880-1890.
- Iron mining lctgm -- England -- Yarlside -- 1880-1890.
- Headframes (mining) lctgm -- England -- Yarlside -- 1880-1890.
- Railroad bridges lctgm -- England -- Preston -- 1880-1890.
- Houses lctgm -- England -- Preston -- 1880-1890.
- Markets lctgm -- England -- Preston -- 1880-1890.
- Parks lctgm -- England -- Preston -- 1880-1890.
- Anglican churches lctgm -- England -- Preston -- 1880-1890.
- Bridges lctgm -- England -- Caton -- 1880-1890.
- Bridges lctgm -- England -- Deep Cutting -- 1880-1890.
- Grasmere (England) -- Photographs.
- Preston (Lancashire, England) -- Photographs.
- Newby Bridge (England)
- Easedale (England) -- Photographs.
- Rydal (England) -- Photographs.
- Derwent Water (England) -- Photographs.
Name access points
- Furness Abbey -- Photographs. (Subject)
- Yarlside Iron Mines -- Photographs. (Subject)
- Moor Platt (Caton, England : Dwelling) (Subject)
- Croft House (Roose, England : Dwelling) (Subject)
- Industrial Institute for the Blind (Preston, England) (Subject)
- Christ Church (Preston, England) (Subject)
- Swan Hotel (Newby Bridge, England) -- Photographs. (Subject)
- Waterhead Hotel (Coniston, England) -- Photographs. (Subject)
- Downing Hall (Flintshire, Wales) (Subject)
- Westfield House (Lancaster, England : Dwelling) (Subject)
- Jowitt, J R fl.1880 Chimney sweeper -- Homes & haunts -- England -- Preston (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion