- NLW MSS 11356-11360A, 11361-11363B, 11364-11383A, 11384B.
- [1859x1918] /
Part of Pandy MSS,
Sermons largely by, and in the hand of, John Davies. Such of the sermons as are dated belong to the period 1859-1915 and were delivered at Pandy and Forest Coalpit, Pen-y-clawdd, Tredegar, Abercarn, Llanover, Pontnewynydd, Brecon, Dowlais, Pentre (Rhondda), etc. Dispersed among the sermons are several addresses and speeches by, or in the hand of, John Davies, including on 'Y Gronfa Gynhaliaethol' [Calvinistic Methodist Sustentation Fund]; 'Dewi Sant'; and at Gorwydd in Llangamarch on the occasion of the tercentenary of the death of John Penry, 29 May, 1893 (NLW MS 11356A); on the history of Llanfapley Congregational Church, delivered on 26 June, 1884, and at the centenary of the foundation, 31 August, 1910; and on the history of Castle Street Congregational Church, Abergavenny (NLW MS 11365A); a petition to [the Monmouthshire County Council], undated, to take over a length of road between Pontrilas and Pandy [railway] stations (NLW MS 11369A)); on laying the foundation stone of a new [Calvinistic Methodist] chapel at Llanbedr [Brecknockshire], 11 April, 1884; and on Thomas Charles of Bala (NLW MS 11375A); and on Howel[l] Harris [of Trevecka] (NLW MS 11376A). NLW MS 11360A contains reminiscences (6 pp.) by W[illiam] Samlet Williams of his pastorate (1876-1880) of Felindre, Llys-wen, and Felin-newydd Calvinistic Methodist churches in Brecknockshire.
John Davies and others.