- [1900x1937] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Transcripts of miscellaneous entries of baptisms, marriages, and burials from the parish registers of Llandinam, Darowen (including bishops' transcripts), Aberhavesb (with additional notes, including 'some details about Aberhavesb people according to information gleaned from various places', etc.), Mallwyd, Llanwrin, Churchstoke, Cemmes, Llanbrynmair, and Trefeglwys, from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century; abstracts of, and extracts from, terriers, 1702-1791, and other parochial records of Darowen; extracts from memorial inscriptions in the churchyards of Aberhavesb, 1725-1902, Cemmes, 1719-1876, and Montgomery, 1765-1884; lists of ratepayers in the several townships in the parish of Trefeglwys, 1831; a list of persons named in Cyfeiliog and Mowddwy wills, 1668-1831, among the St. Asaph ecclesiastical probate records; etc. Some of the transcripts were made in May, 1918.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Richard Bennett 32.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11848A.
Virtua system control number
Name access points
Genre access points
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llandinam
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Darowen
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Aberhafesp
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Mallwyd
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanwrin
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Churchstoke
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Cemaes.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanbrynmair.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Trefeglwys.
- Terriers (Law) -- Wales -- Darowen
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Aberhafesp.
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Cemaes
- Inscriptions -- Wales -- Montgomery.