- [1900x1937] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Transcripts of baptisms, marriages, and burials from the parish registers of Trefeglwys, 1625-1722, taken from Collections Historical of Archaeological relating to Montgomeryshire, vols. XXXII-XXXIII; entries of Trefeglwys and Darowen interest from other parish registers, 1669-1805; and 'Stray Notes' consisting largely of extracts from the bishops' transcripts of the parish registers of Llanwrin, Mallwyd, Llangurig, Llanidloes, Trefeglwys, Llanymawddwy, and Penegoes, and lists of residents in the townships of Eskeirieth, Glyntrefnant, and Dolgooden in the parish of Trefeglwys during the period 1698-1709.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Richard Bennett 20.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11836A.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Trefeglwys.
- Baptismal records -- Wales -- Trefeglwys
- Marriage records -- Wales -- Trefeglwys
- Burial records -- Wales -- Trefeglwys
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Powys
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanwrin
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Mallwyd
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llangurig
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanidloes.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llanymawddwy
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Penegoes