- [1901x1938] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A volume of Edward Powell containing English translations of 'cywyddau', etc., by Goronwy Owen, and brief notes on the works of Guto'r Glyn, Hywel Dafydd o Raglan, Bedo Brwynllys, Bedo Eurfren [Aeddren], Ieuan Deulwyn, Meredydd ap Rhys, Ieuan Brydydd Hir Hynaf, Tudur Penllyn, Lewis Glyn Cothi, Dafydd Nanmor, Deio ap Ieuan Du, Gutyn Owain, Tudur Aled, and Dafydd ap Edmunt, and on the eisteddfodau held at Carmarthen, 1451, and Caerwys, 1524.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as E. Stanton Roberts 19.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 12256B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Eisteddfod Caerfyrddin (1451 : Carmarthen, Wales) (Subject)
- Eisteddfod Caerwys (1524 : Caerwys, Wales) (Subject)
- Owen, Goronwy, 1723-1769? -- Translations into English (Subject)
- Guto'r Glyn, fl. 1430-1468 (Subject)
- Hywel ap Dafydd ab Ieuan ap Rhys, fl. 1450-1480 (Subject)
- Bedo Brwynllys, fl. 1460 (Subject)
- Bedo Aeddren, active 1500 (Subject)
- Ieuan Deulwyn, fl. 1460 (Subject)
- Maredudd ap Rhys, fl. 1440-1483 (Subject)
- Ieuan Brydydd Hir, active 1440-1470 (Subject)
- Tudur Penllyn, ca. 1420-1485 (Subject)
- Lewis Glyn Cothi, active 1440-1490 (Subject)
- Dafydd Nanmor, active 1450-1490 (Subject)
- Deio ab Ieuan Du, fl. 1450-1480 (Subject)
- Gutun Owain, fl. 1450-1498 (Subject)
- Tudur Aled, approximately 1465-approximately 1525 (Subject)
- Dafydd ab Edmwnd, active 1450-1490 (Subject)
- Powell, Edward (Subject)