Showing 20092 results

Archival description
Tredegar Estate Records,
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Newport estate surveys

Surveys of the TWC estate, called terriers by the TWC, and including details of leases granted by the company. The earliest lease is dated 1808. In ANS 1/3 the leases are arranged by street.

Newport estate reports and valuations (W. Rees)

Reports, particulars and valuations of properties in the TWC's leasehold estate. Most of the reports seem to have been made to estimate the annual increased reserved rent to be paid by tenants for extensions of leases. ANS 4/1 is a collection of loose reports and valuations, c.1854-1901, brought together for convenience. ANS 4/2-4 comprise original files of particulars and valuations, 1881-1901, extracted from three binders intitled 'T. W. estate, W. Rees' reports'.

Loose Newport estate reports and valuations

Loose reports, valuations, specifications, tenders, memoranda, accounts and related papers, mainly relating to Newport properties, but also including reports on properties in Basaleg, Coedcernyw, Llanfihangel Roggiet, Pillgwenlli, Risca and St Woolloos in Monmouthshire, Llanharan and Roath in Glamorgan, and Breconshire. The reports include several schools, as well as proposed renewals of the lease of the Uskside Iron Company's premises in 1877, and of Charles Jordan's lease of the Pillgwenlli iron foundry in 1881, and a report on the river Ebbw at pont Ebbw, 1895.

41 Castle Street, Pillgwenlli

Lease (5 Sept. 1840) for 58 years by John Pickard of Pillgwenlli, p. St Woolloos, builder, to Charles Johns of Pillgwenlli, painter, of a parcel of land (206 sq. yards) on the west side of Castle Street, Pillgwenlli (further described), a small portion of the land leased by the Tredegar Wharf Company to the said John Pickard, 19 May 1840, and subsequent conveyance into trust, 11 March 1850, and a request, 1899, by Mary Williams of Cadlonydd Farm, Newbridge, the surviving beneficiary, for a new lease to her daughter, Hannah Jane Edwards, wife of Edward Foster Edwards of The Gnoll Farm, Newbridge, farmer.

Prince of Wales Inn, 1 King Street & 39 Cardiff Road

Lease (23 Nov. 1836) for 63 years by the Tredegar Wharf Company to Ebenezer Williams of Newport, plasterer, of a parcel of land (180 sq. yards) on the north side of the turnpike road between Newport and Cardiff, between King Street and King’s Hill Parade (further described), and subsequent deeds and documents, 1836-1845. The lease is engrossed with an undated memorandum that the Prince of Wales Inn, comprising the greater part of the premises, had been assigned to Mrs Macray, subject to paying the whole of the reserved rent. The deeds are inclosed in an original envelope, addressed to Miss E. M. James, New Park, Castleton, near Cardiff, postmarked 26 March 1890, and endorsed ‘Old deeds relating to no. 1 King St & no. 39 Cardiff Rd. Sold by Mrs Palling & Miss E. M. James to Hancock & Co. Should be placed with H & Co’s deeds when new lease granted.’

Results 1 to 20 of 20092