- 1808-1833 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Bound in full morocco with gilt and blind tooling.
Name of creator
According to a note in pencil on the fly-leaf by T[homas] P[hillipps, Middlehill] the volume was acquired by him from the library of David Parkes in 1833. The volume also bears the rubber stamp of 'Williams' Library, Cheltenham'.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
An album containing water-colour drawings, with descriptive notes, compiled by David Parkes, Shrewsbury, during the period 1808- 1831. The subjects include Llandderfel Church, Corwen Church, Plas Newydd [Llangollen], Llangollen Church, Pillar of Eliseg, Valle Crucis Abbey, Castell Dinas Brin, Nerquis Chapel, Nerquis House, and Llandrinio Church.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Evan D. Jones 2; Phillipps 11953.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 12390E.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Nerquis Chapel (Wales) (Subject)
- Nerquis Hall Estate (Wales) (Subject)
- St. Trinio, St. Peter & St. Paul (Church : Llandrinio, Wales) (Subject)
- St. Derfel (Church : Llandderfel, Wales) (Subject)
- St. Mael and St. Sulien (Church : Corwen, Wales) (Subject)
- Plas Newydd (Llangollen, Wales) (Subject)
- St. Collen (Church : Llangollen, Wales) (Subject)
- Valle Crucis Abbey (Wales) (Subject)
- Castell Dinas Bran (Llangollen, Wales) (Subject)
- Parkes, David, 1763-1833. (Subject)