- 1736-1871. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A bound volume containing printed Acts of Parliament, 1736-1868, largely relating to the conveyance of lands for charitable uses; a printed circular letter, 1861, from the Wesleyan Chapel Committee to the Superintendents of Circuits, calling attention to the provisions of 'An Act to amend the Law relating to the Conveyance of Land for Charitable Uses', 17 May 1861; and a manuscript alphabetical list, compiled circa or after 1871, of trust deeds of Calvinistic Methodist churches, Sunday schools, day schools, dwelling and chapel houses, cemeteries and land in co. Cardigan.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 12163D.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Conveyancing -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Public welfare -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Methodists -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Cardiganshire -- Law and legislation
- Calvinistic Methodists -- Wales -- Ceredigion
- Public welfare -- Wales -- Cardiganshire -- Law and legislation
- Conveyancing -- Wales -- Cardiganshire -- Law and legislation
- Sunday schools -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Schools -- Wales -- Cardiganshire.
- Chapels -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Dwellings -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Cemeteries -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Deeds of trust -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 18th century.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Description compiled by Bethan Ifans for the retrospective conversion project of NLW MSS. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971);