NLW MS 8409B.
Commonplace book of Robert Roberts, Tyddyn y Felin,
- [1825x1850] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The commonplace book of Robert Roberts, Tyddyn y Felin, an assistant minister of 'Yr Hen Gapel', Llanuwchllyn, containing miscellaneous records and extracts, relating particularly to the affairs of 'Yr Hen Gapel'; copies of notices to quit to tenants of the Glanllyn estate, 1830; a list of persons qualified to serve on juries in Llanuwchllyn, 1834; correspondence relating to Coward's Trust, 1834; extracts from letters by emigrants to the United States of America, 1833-1835; 'Subscriptions when Revd. M. Jones came to Llanuwchllyn'; lists of houses in Llandrillo, Llangower, Llanyckil, Llanfawr, and Llanymowddwy; and lists of dissenting meeting-houses.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly Neuadd Wen MS 80.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 8409B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Congregationalists -- Wales -- Llanuwchllyn
- Congregationalists -- Wales -- Llanuwchllyn -- Clergy
- Congregational churches -- Wales -- Llanuwchllyn
- Landlord and tenant -- Wales -- Llanuwchllyn
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Llanuwchllyn
- Jury -- Wales -- Llanuwchllyn
- Welsh -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Dwellings -- Wales -- Llandrillo (Merionethshire)
- Dwellings -- Wales -- Llanycil
- Dwellings -- Wales -- Llanfor
- Dwellings -- Wales -- Llangower
- Dwellings -- Wales -- Llanymawddwy
- Dissenters, Religious -- Wales -- Merionethshire
- Wales -- Emigration and immigration -- 19th century.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- 19th century.
Place access points
Name access points
- Robert Roberts. (Creator)
- Hen Gapel (Llanuwchllyn, Wales) -- Records and correspondence (Subject)
- Glanllyn Estate (Merionethshire, Wales) (Subject)
- Coward, William, 1647/8-1738 (Subject)
- Roberts, Robert, Tyddyn y Felin, Llanuwchllyn (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales