NLW MS 9632C.
- 1880-1937. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Letters addressed to J. Gwynoro Davies by Ben Davies, Castell Newydd Emlyn, 1937; Lewis Edwards, Bala, 1880-1882; Llewelyn C. Edwards, Aberystwyth, 1889- 1893; Annie J. Ellis, Westminster, 1899; Thomas Gee, Denbigh, 1894-1899; W. E. Gladstone; W. J. Gruffydd, Cardiff; Alexander Hill, London, 1927; [Sir] John Morris Jones, Llanfair P. G., 1916; J. Puleston Jones, Bala and Bangor, 1888-1891; Edward Matthews, Bonvilston, 1881; Hugh Williams, Bala, 1891; and W. Llewelyn Williams, House of Commons, 1918-1919.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Part XVI, 157.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 9632C.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Davies, J. Gwynoro (John Gwynoro), 1855-1935 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Davies, J. Gwynoro (John Gwynoro), 1855-1935 (Subject)
- Davies, Ben, 1878-1958 (Subject)
- Edwards, Lewis, 1809-1887 (Subject)
- Edwards, Llewelyn C. (Subject)
- Ellis, Annie J. (Annie Jane), 1873-1942 (Subject)
- Gee, Thomas, 1815-1898 (Subject)
- Gladstone, W. E. (William Ewart), 1809-1898 (Subject)
- Gruffydd, W. J. (William John), 1881-1954 (Subject)
- Hill, Alexander, London (Subject)
- Morris-Jones, John, 1864-1929 (Subject)
- Jones, John Puleston, 1862-1925 (Subject)
- Matthews, Edward, 1813-1892 (Subject)
- Williams, Hugh, 1843-1911 (Subject)
- Williams, W. Llewelyn (William Llewelyn), 1867-1922 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Description compiled by Bethan Ifan for the retrospective conversion project of NLW MSS. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Vol. III (Aberystwyth, 1961);