- 1806-1822 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
c. 144 items.
Guarded and bound at NLW.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Correspondence and miscellaneous papers of Paul Panton, junior, 1806-1822, including letters from Owen Jones, London [Owain Myfyr], 1806-1807, John William Prichard, Plas-y-brain (with an extract relating to Welsh Indians), 1806-1813, William Jones, Holywell, 1808, Samuel Williams, St. Asaph, Thomas Wedge, Sealand, 1809-1822, Edmund Hyde Hall, 1809-1811, David Thomas (Dafydd Ddu Eryri), 1809-1820, James Ewer, 1809-1814, Richard Davies, Bangor, Edward Roscoe, 1810, H. Roberts, Holywell, 1810-1812, David Pennant, 1810-1812, Hugh Jones, Northop, 1810, Mary Jones, Coleshill Vechan, 1810, Roger Barnston, 1811, Samuel Mostyn, 1812, Abraham Moore, 1812-1814, Benjamin Hughes, Birmingham, Jonathan Taylor, Smethwick, Francis Jones, Holywell, 1812-1820, Messrs. Potts, Leche and Potts, Chester, 1812, Paul Panton (relating to the Anglesey petition against Catholic claims, 1812), Thomas Crane, Chester, 1813, Edward Bill, Mold, 1813, J. Richards, Llanerch-y-medd (excavation of Branwen's grave, 1814), Richard Sankey, Beaumaris, 1814, W. O. Poole, Pencraig, 1814-1816, Thomas Oldfield, Caerwys, 1814, Edward Jones, Wepre, 1815, Richard Yates, Oswestry, 1815, Robert Tart, Holywell, 1815-1817, Richard Owen, Geinas, 1816, John Jones, Holywell, 1816, John Maughan, Oswestry, 1820, Sir Thomas Hanmer, 1820, and Charles Hughes, Chester, 1822. The miscellaneous papers include resolutions on enclosures by freeholders of Holywell, 1810, and on a lease of minerals, 1812, by freeholders of Anglesey, 1812; a case, with opinion, touching the manor of Forden and Tempsiter, 1811; an abstract of the proprietors of land in Llangefni, Llandegfan, Pentraeth, and Cerrig Ceinwen, 1812; a note by Paul Panton of a visit with Richard Fenton to Plas-y-brain, 1813; builders' prices, 1815; a plan of allotments in Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf, 1815; a petition for a bridge at Conway, 1819; obituary notice of David Thomas (Dafydd Ddu Eryri), 1822; and a survey of common land in Pentraeth.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Arranged broadly chronologically at NLW.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly Panton Papers 24.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 9074E.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Welsh Indians.
- Petitions -- Wales -- Anglesey
- Inclosures -- Wales -- Holywell
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Holywell
- Landowners -- Wales -- Anglesey
- Mines and mineral resources -- Wales -- Anglesey.
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Llanfair-Mathafarn-Eithaf
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Anglesey
- Bridges -- Wales -- Conwy.
- Anglesey (Wales) -- Antiquities
- Anglesey (Wales) -- Folklore
- Plas-y-Brain (Llanbedr-goch, Wales : Mansion)
- Pentraeth (Wales) -- Surveys
Place access points
Name access points
- Forden and Tempsiter (England : Manor) (Subject)
- Messrs Potts, Leche & Potts (Subject)
- Fenton, Mr. (Richard), 1746-1821 (Subject)
- Thomas, David, 1759-1822 -- Death and burial (Subject)
- Jones, Owen, 1741-1814 (Subject)
- Prichard, John William, 1749-1829 (Subject)
- Jones, William, Holywell (Subject)
- Wedge, Thomas. (Subject)
- Hall, Edmund Hyde (Subject)
- Maughan, John, fl. 1797-1843 (Subject)
- Williams, Samuel, St Asaph (Subject)
- Thomas, David, 1759-1822 (Subject)
- Ewer, James, fl. 1809 (Subject)
- Davies, Richard, Bangor (Subject)
- Roscoe, Edward (Subject)
- Roberts, H., Holywell (Subject)
- Pennant, David, 1763-1841 (Subject)
- Jones, Hugh, Northop (Subject)
- Jones, Mary, Coleshill Fechan (Subject)
- Barnston, Roger, fl. 1811 (Subject)
- Mostyn, Samuel, fl. 1812 (Subject)
- Moore, Abraham (Subject)
- Hughes, Benjamin, Birmingham (Subject)
- Taylor, Jonathan, Smethwick (Subject)
- Jones, Francis, Holywell (Subject)
- Crane, Thomas, d. 1836 (Subject)
- Bill, Edward, fl. 1813 (Subject)
- Richards, J., Llanerch-y-medd (Subject)
- Sankey, Richard, Holywell (Subject)
- Poole, W. O. (Subject)
- Oldfield, Thomas, Caerwys (Subject)
- Jones, Edward, Esq (Subject)
- Yates, Richard, Surveyor and Enclosure Commissioner; of Whittington. (Subject)
- Tart, Robert, Holywell (Subject)
- Owen, Richard, Geinas (Subject)
- Jones, John, Holywell, fl. 1816 (Subject)
- Hanmer, Thomas, Sir, 1747-1828 (Subject)
- Hughes, Charles, Chester (Subject)
- Panton, Paul, 1758-1822 -- Correspondence (Subject)