- - (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
i, 192 ff. (74 items)
Guarded and bound at NLW.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The first of three volumes containing some one hundred and eighty-eight letters, 1856-1888, addressed to Henry Richard and dealing particularly with politics, the peace movement, education and other affairs in Wales.
The correspondents include Sheldon Amos (Sydney, New South Wales), Henry Austin Bruce, first baron Aberdare, Elihu Burritt (New Britain, Conn.), Josephine E. Butler, Sydney Charles [Buxton], earl Buxton, Estlin Carpenter, Joseph Chamberlain, F. W. Chesson, J. J. Colman (Norwich), Leonard Courtney, John Stewart [Gathorne-Hardy], second earl of Cranbrook, Henry W. Crosskey, R. W. Dale, Edward Henry [Stanley], fifteenth earl of Derby, Charles W. Dilke, L. L. Dillwyn, George Dixon, Henry T. Edwards (dean of Bangor), Lewis Edwards (Bala) and Thomas Charles Edwards (Aberystwyth).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Arranged alphabetically by author at NLW.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Formerly known as Richard 1.
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 5503C.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Richard, Henry, 1812-1888 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Amos, Sheldon, 1835-1886. (Subject)
- Aberdare, Henry Austin Bruce, Baron, 1815-1895. (Subject)
- Burritt, Elihu, 1810-1879. (Subject)
- Butler, Josephine Elizabeth Grey, 1828-1906. (Subject)
- Buxton, Sydney, 1853-1934. (Subject)
- Carpenter, J. Estlin (Joseph Estlin), 1844-1927. (Subject)
- Chamberlain, Joseph, 1836-1914. (Subject)
- Chesson, F. W. (Frederick William), 1833 or 4-1888. (Subject)
- Colman, J. J. (Jeremiah James), 1830-1898. (Subject)
- Courtney, Leonard Henry Courtney, Baron, 1832-1918. (Subject)
- Cranbrook, John Stewart Gathorne-Hardy, Earl of, 1839-1911 (Subject)
- Crosskey, Henry W. (Henry William), 1826-1893. (Subject)
- Dale, R. W. (Robert William), 1829-1895. (Subject)
- Derby, Edward Henry Stanley, Earl of, 1826-1893. (Subject)
- Dilke, Charles Wentworth, Sir, 1810-1869. (Subject)
- Dillwyn, Lewis Llewelyn, 1814-1892. (Subject)
- Dixon, George, 1820-1898. (Subject)
- Edwards, Henry T. (Henry Thomas), 1837-1884 (Subject)
- Edwards, Lewis, 1809-1887. (Subject)
- Edwards, Thomas Charles, 1837-1900. (Subject)