NLW MS 10440C.
Llythyrau at H. Cernyw Williams,
- 1875-1933. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Dr H. Cernyw Williams; Corwen; Donation; 1935 & 1936
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Letters addressed to H. Cernyw Williams, the correspondents including Joseph Angus, London, 1892; Alfred George Edwards, Archbishop of Wales, 1933; Owen M. Edwards, Oxford, 1899-1905; William Hobley, Caernarvon, 1904; Benjamin Humphreys, Llanelli, 1933; Henry Jones, Llangernyw and Glasgow, 1905-1919; Robert Jones, Llanllyfni, 1905; Robert Jones, Rotherhithe, 1898; Wilfrid Lawson, House of Commons, 1889; Daniel Lewis Lloyd, Bishop of Bangor, 1897; Ellis Roberts ('Elis Wyn o Wyrfai'), Llangwm, 1886; Thomas Shankland, Bangor, 1904; Edward B. Underhill, London, 1892; and Peter Williams ('Pedr Hir'), Tredegar, 1895.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Part XVIII, 219.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 10440C.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Williams, H. Cernyw (Hywel Cernyw), 1843-1937 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Williams, H. Cernyw (Hywel Cernyw), 1843-1937 (Subject)
- Angus, Joseph, 1816-1902. (Subject)
- Edwards, Alfred George, 1848-1937. (Subject)
- Edwards, Owen M. (Owen Morgan), 1858-1920 (Subject)
- Hobley, W. (William), 1858-1933 (Subject)
- Humphreys, B. (Benjamin), 1856-1934. (Subject)
- Jones, Henry, Sir, 1852-1922 (Subject)
- Jones, Robert, 1806-1896. (Subject)
- Jones, Robert, 1810-1879. (Subject)
- Lawson, Wilfrid, Sir, 1829-1906 (Subject)
- Lloyd, Daniel Lewis, 1843-1899 (Subject)
- Roberts, Ellis, 1827-1895 (Subject)
- Shankland, Thomas, 1858-1927 (Subject)
- Underhill, Edward Bean, 1813-1901. (Subject)
- Pedr Hir, 1847-1922 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Description compiled by Bethan Ifans for the retrospective conversion project of NLW MSS. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume III (Aberystwyth, 1961); Oxford Dictionary of National Biography on-line; Y Bywgraffiadur Cymreig hyd 1940 (Llundain, 1953);