- 1901-1983. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
35 ff. Guarded and filed.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Seventeen letters, mostly in Welsh, to Saunders Lewis from Lascelles Abercrombie (2) 1926 and n.d., W. R. P. George (1) 1978, David Howell ('Llawdden') (1) 1901, R. S. Thomas (1) ?1970s and Lewis Valentine (12) 1972-83; together with three letters, 1936-7, to Margaret Lewis from P. Mansell Jones, J. E. Jones, and Siân Williams, written during Saunders Lewis's imprisonment.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The contents of NLW MSS 22853-23691 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 9 (Aberystwyth, 2003).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 22963E
Virtua system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Lewis, Margaret -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Valentine, Lewis -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Abercrombie, Lascelles, 1881-1938 (Subject)
- George, W. R. P. (William Richard Philip) (Subject)
- Howell, David, d. 1903 (Subject)
- Thomas, R. S. (Ronald Stuart), 1913-2000 (Subject)
- Valentine, Lewis (Subject)
- Lewis, Margaret (Subject)
- Jones, P. Mansell (Percy Mansell), 1889-1968. (Subject)
- Jones, J. E. (John Edward), 1905-1970 (Subject)
- Williams, Siân, 1884-1965 (Subject)