- 1846-1900. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
An agreement, 23 February, 1846, for the lease by Griffith Howell Vaughan, esq., of Rug, Merioneth, to Griffith Owen, of Vaner, parish of Llanelltyd; an indenture, 1 May, 1848, of apprenticeship for five years of Joseph Roberts of Rose Street, Ruthin, as master in Ruthin British School (Edward Jones of Brynhyfryd, esq., James Maurice of Well Street, esq., and John Jones of Market Place, Ruthin, managers, and John Edmunds of Ruthin, master) (a printed appendix contains extracts from minutes of the Committee of Council on Education, 21 December, 1846, and endorsed is an assignment of the original indenture to James Cromwell, successor to John Edmunds, 27 November, 1850); an unexecuted agreement for the lease from Hugh John Ellis Nanney of Gwynfryn, parish of Llanstymddwy, Caernarvonshire, esq., to David Evans of Cae Einion, Dolgelley, Merioneth, from year to year, commencing 25 March, 1887, of the farm called Cae Einion; a declaration signed by thirty-two students of Trevecca College, 11 November, 1889, denying statements made in Yr Haul 'concerning the intended secession of any student to the Church of England'; a galley proof of an article entitled 'Mr. Lloyd George, M.P., and the Goleuad', relating to Disestablishment and the bearing of Mr. Lloyd George's political action on Welsh Liberal policy, together with manuscript observations by Sir E. J. Reed, M.P. for Cardiff; a pedigree of the family of Jones of Llanio, Cardiganshire; miscelaneous poetry of Dolgelley interest (e.g. verses on the occasion of the marriage of Joseph Roberts, C.M., British School, and Miss Annie Jones, Penbryn, Dolgellau, 1860); a receipt for poor rate for the parish of Dolgelley, 1846; press cuttings, 1888, relating to the case of H. J. Ellis Nanney and his Merioneth tenants; Morris Charles Jones: Valle Crucis Abbey ... (London, 1866), bearing the name of R[ichard] Williams [Celynog, Newtown], 20 October, 1866; and 'Etholiad Cyffredinol 1900. Miss Meirion: Hanes ei Charwriaeth, ei Gwaeledd, ei Thranc, a'i Chynhebrwng. Gan Tudur Llwyd' (3rd edition).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Part XIX, 260-261.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Previously known as Frondirion 52.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 10865E.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Llanelltyd.
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Dolgellau.
- Apprentices -- Wales -- Ruthin.
- Apprenticeship programs -- Wales -- Ruthin.
- Schools -- Wales -- Ruthin.
- School principals -- Wales -- Ruthin -- Training of.
- Weddings -- Wales -- Dolgellau -- Poetry.
- Poor -- Wales -- Dolgellau.
- Public welfare -- Wales -- Dolgellau.
- Eviction -- Wales -- Merionethshire.
- Landlord and tenant -- Wales -- Merionethshire.
- Elections -- Wales -- Merionethshire -- 1900.
- Wales -- Politics and government.
- Llanio (Wales) -- Genealogy.
- Dolgellau (Wales) -- Poetry.
- Merioneth (Wales) -- Politics and government
- Rug Estate (Wales)
- Faner (Llanelltyd, Wales: Farm)
- Cae Einion Farm (Dolgellau, Wales)
Place access points
Name access points
- Ruthin British School (Ruthin, Wales) (Subject)
- Committee of Council on Education (Great Britain) -- Records and correspondence. (Subject)
- Church of England. (Subject)
- Church in Wales -- Establishment and disestablishment. (Subject)
- Valle Crucis Abbey (Wales) (Subject)
- Lloyd George, David, 1863-1945 (Subject)
- Roberts, Joseph, Ruthin -- Marriage. (Subject)
- Jones, Annie, Dolgellau -- Marriage. (Subject)
- Ellis-Nanney, Hugh John, 1845-1920. (Subject)
- Vaughan, Griffith Howell, Rug Estate (Corwen) (Subject)
- Owen, Griffith, of Vaner, Llanelltyd (Subject)
- Roberts, Joseph, Ruthin. (Subject)
- Jones, Edward, Ruthin. (Subject)
- Maurice, James, Ruthin. (Subject)
- Jones, John, Ruthin. (Subject)
- Edmunds, John, Ruthin. (Subject)
- Cromwell, James, Ruthin. (Subject)
- Ellis-Nanney, Hugh John, 1845-1920. (Subject)
- Evans, David, Cae Einion, Dolgellau. (Subject)
- Reed, Edward James, Sir, 1830-1906. (Subject)
- Jones, Morris Charles, 1819-1893. (Subject)
- Elfyn, 1858-1919 (Subject)
- Jones family, Llanio Fawr, Cardiganshire. (Subject)
- Williams, Richard, 1835-1906 (Subject)
- Trevecca College -- Students (Subject)