- 1644-1691. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Papers, 1644-1691, accumulated by members of the Herbert family of Cherbury during the course of their political activities. They include records and correspondence, 1644-1658, relating to the family’s role in the civil war throughout Wales, and their subsequent dispossession and rehabilitation; records and correspondence, 1660-1689, concerning the Montgomeryshire militia and the suppression of disaffected persons in the Welsh marches; and records and correspondence, 1660-1691, relating to the family’s support of Charles II and James II, including military service in France.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Preferred citation: C1.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Montgomeryshire (Wales) -- Politics and government.
- Monmouthshire (Wales) -- Politics and government.
- England and Wales -- Politics and government.
- Wales -- Politics and government.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1649.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1649-1660.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1660-1714.
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales