- 1880-1895 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
182 ff. (ff. 23-25, 27 and 36 are tipped in; ff. 160 verso-180 blank) ; 205 x 160 mm.
Cloth over boards.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Lieut.-Col. Glyn Lloyd, DSO; London; Donation (with NLW MSS 13947-52, 13954-7); 1940.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A volume containing holograph addresses and poetry in Welsh, 1880-1895, including a copy of a poem composed in 1865 (ff. 118 verso-121 verso) by T. Glwysfryn Hughes; the addresses include 'Daniel O'Connell' (ff. 4-17 verso), 'Goronwy Owen' (ff. 52 verso-68 verso), and 'Ann Griffiths' (ff. 141 verso-160); also included is a transcript, 1883, of minutes relating to the closure in 1865 of Rose Place C. M. Church, Liverpool, and the opening of Fitzclarence Street C. M. Church, Liverpool (f. 2 verso).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Leaves excised between ff. 49 and 50, 153 and 154.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13953A.
Title based on contents.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Eglwys Bresbyteraidd Cymru Rose Place (Liverpool, England) (1865), NLW MS 13953A, f. 2v -- Archives (Subject)
- Fitzclarence Street Calvinistic Methodist Welsh Church (1865), NLW MS 13953A, f. 2v -- Records and correspondence. (Subject)
- Richards, David, 1751-1827 Address on (1883), NLW MS 13953A, ff. 69v-86v (Subject)
- Hughes, T. Glwysfryn Addresses (1880-c. 1889), NLW MS 13953A, ff. 4-160 passim Poetry (1865, 1895), NLW MS 13953A, ff. 118v-22 (Subject)
- O'Connell, Daniel, 1775-1847 (Subject)
- Owen, Goronwy, 1723-1769? (Subject)
- Griffiths, Ann, 1776-1805 (Subject)