- 1919-1939 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
55 ff. Guarded and filed.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Some forty draft letters, 1919-1939, from Gwen John to various correspondents (surnames A-N), including Chloe and Grilda Boughton-Leigh (1) ?1920s, Tom Burns (4) 1927-c. 1928-1929, Father Martin D'Arcy (1) 1933, Mary Constance Lloyd (5) c. 1920-1930, Dorelia McNeill (7) c. 1928-1936, and various members of the John family.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The contents of NLW MSS 21701-22852 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 8 (Aberystwyth, 1999).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 22300B.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- John, Gwen, 1876-1939 -- Family -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Burns, Tom, 1906-1995 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Lloyd, Mary Constance -- Correspondence (Subject)
- McNeill, Dorelia, 1881-1969 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Boughton-Leigh, Ellen Theodosia (Chloe), 1868-1947 (Subject)
- Boughton-Leigh, Maude (Grilda), ca. 1881-1945 (Subject)
- Burns, Tom, 1906-1995 (Subject)
- D'Arcy, Martin Cyril, Father, 1888-1976 (Subject)
- Lloyd, Mary Constance (Subject)
- McNeill, Dorelia, 1881-1969 (Subject)