Peniarth MS 427 [RESTRICTED ACCESS].
- 1660-[19 cent.] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
174 ff. (foliated vi ff. + 166 ff. + 2 blank ff.) ; 179 x 150 to 330 x 207 mm. Rebound at NLW.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Autograph letters and copies of letters from Edward Lhuyd to the Reverend John Lloyd, Ruthin, David Lloyd, Blaenyddol, Richard Mostyn, Penbedw, and others, 1685-1708; a list of plants observed on Aran Benllyn and Snowdon, 1682; a short Irish-Latin-Welsh vocabulary, and a copy of Lhuyd's 'parochial queries'; miscellaneous letters, including autographs of Susannah Puleston, 1678, John Myddelton, 1713, Will: Gruffith of Llyne, 1660 (with Welsh sermon notes), B. Bulkeley, H. Egerton, M. Price, Margarett Coytmore, Thomas Pennant, John Anstis, etc.; the opinion of Sir Thomas Powys on the will of Owen Jones of Braichybib, 1687; and papers relating to the fishery of Dysynni, with an opinion by Sir William Williams, 'Speaker Williams'.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Access to the original manuscript by authorised permission only. Readers are directed to use surrogate copies.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
English, Welsh, Latin.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Part I (Aberystwyth, 1940-3), 14.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Available on microfilm at the Library.
Related units of description
Formerly Ancient Peniarth MS 1.
Preferred citation: Peniarth MS 427 [RESTRICTED ACCESS].
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Edward Lhuyd and others. (Creator)
- Lhuyd, Edward, 1660-1709 -- Correspondence. (Subject)
- Jones, Owen, Braichybib -- Will (Subject)
- Lhuyd, Edward, 1660-1709. (Subject)
- Lloyd, John, Ruthin (Subject)
- Lloyd, David, Blaenyddol (Subject)
- Mostyn, Richard, Penbedw (Subject)
- Puleston, Susannah (Subject)
- Myddelton, John, 1685-1747 (Subject)
- Gruffith, William, Llŷn (Subject)
- Bulkeley, Benjamin, fl. 1706-1757. (Subject)
- Egerton, Henry, 1688 or 9-1746 (Subject)
- Coytmore, Margaret (Subject)
- Pennant, Thomas, 1726-1798 (Subject)
- Powys, Thomas, Sir, 1649-1719 (Subject)
- Williams, William, Sir, 1634-1700 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales