NLW MS 11646B.
- 1879-1901 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
An album of press cuttings compiled by D. Morgan Lewis. The titles include 'Hen Lythyrau Cenadol', 1879, being two letters, 1818, written by Thomas Bevan, missionary to Madagascar, and Mary Bevan, his wife, from Falmouth Bay, to the Reverend T[homas] Phillips [Neuadd-lwyd]; 'Glamorgan and Carmarthen[shire] English Congregational Association' (report of meetings), 1881; 'Llwynyrhwrdd' and 'Velindre, Penfro', being accounts of two meetings reported by the Reverend Evan Lewis [Brynberian], 1879 and undated; 'Farewell meeting of the Rev. D. M. Lewis, Hirwain', 1883; 'Addysg amaethyddol, a'r Colegau', 1889; 'Intermediate education for Wales' by D. M. Lewis, 1889; 'Yr Ysgolion Canolraddol' by D. Morgan Lewis, 1890; 'Addysg grefyddol yn yr ysgolion' by D. Morgan Lewis, 1891; 'Intermediate education in Wales. - The education of adults' by D. M. Lewis, 1889; 'The proposed limits of age in Intermediate Schools' by D. Morgan Lewis, 1891; 'Addysg yn Nghymru' by D. Morgan Lewis, 1891; 'Addysg pobl mewn oed' by D. Morgan Lewis, 1891; 'The Welsh University', being the views of D. Morgan Lewis and of Principal Walter J. Evans, Presbyterian College, Carmarthen; 'Welsh tit-bits' by [T. C. Evans] 'Cadrawd', 1901; etc.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as D. Morgan Lewis 33.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11646B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Missionaries -- Madagascar.
- Congregationalists -- Wales -- Glamorgan.
- Congregationalists -- Wales -- Carmarthenshire.
- Congregationalists -- Wales -- Pembrokeshire.
- Agriculture -- Wales -- Study and teaching
- Education, Higher -- Wales -- 19th century.
- Education, Elementary -- Wales -- 19th century.
- Religious education -- Wales -- 19th century
- Adult education -- Wales -- 19th century
Place access points
Name access points
- David Morgan Lewis. (Creator)
- Glamorgan and Carmarthen English Congregational Association -- Records and correspondence (Subject)
- University of Wales (Subject)
- Bevan, Thomas, ca. 1796-1819 (Subject)
- Bevan, Mary, d.1819. (Subject)
- Phillips, Thomas, 1772-1842 (Subject)
- Lewis, Evan, 1813-1896 (Subject)
- Evans, Walter J. (Walter Jenkin), 1856-1927 (Subject)
- Evans, T. C. (Thomas Christopher), 1846-1918 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales