- 1917-1986 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Guarded and filed.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Various sources (detailed in a list at the beginning of the file); Donation or purchase; 1984-1996
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Over seventy letters and cards, 1917-1986, of miscellaneous provenance from twentieth-century Welsh writers to various recipients; the correspondents include E. Tegla Davies (1) 1956, W. J. Gruffydd (1) 1952, R. T. Jenkins (1), 1946, David James Jones (Gwenallt) (1) 1953, T. Gwynn Jones (9) 1923-1939, J. Saunders Lewis (5) 1931-1976, Caradog Prichard (4) 1962-1972, Kate Roberts (28) 1937-1983, D. J. Williams (6) 1917-1969, and T. H. Parry-Williams (1) 1953.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their readers' tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The contents of NLW MSS 21701-22852 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 8 (Aberystwyth, 1999).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 22036D.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Davies, E. Tegla (Edward Tegla), 1880-1967 (Subject)
- Gruffydd, W. J. (William John), 1881-1954 (Subject)
- Jenkins, R. T. (Robert Thomas), 1881- (Subject)
- Gwenallt, 1899-1968 (Subject)
- Lewis, Saunders, 1893-1985. (Subject)
- Prichard, Caradog, 1904-1980 (Subject)
- Roberts, Kate, 1891-1985. (Subject)
- Williams, D. J. (David John), 1885-1970 (Subject)
- Parry-Williams, T. H. (Thomas Herbert), Sir, 1887-1975 (Subject)
- Jones, T. Gwynn (Thomas Gwynn), 1871-1949 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
This description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH.
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion