NLW MS 10926B.
- [19 cent.]. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Bears the name of 'Eliza Hope, May 15th, 1828'.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A volume containing 'Rousseau's Dream' by J. B. Cramer; Swiss airs and a Swiss dance; a quadrille; waltzes by Carl Maria von Weber, Balduci [sic, for Boildieu?], Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven, Johan Nepomuka Hummel, etc.; a German drinking song; Gaelic, Tyrolese (one by Joseph Kuffner), Irish, French, Danish and German airs; marches; a pastorale by Franҫois Adrien Boildieu; a harp air; gallopades; a polonaise; Hungarian melody; preludes for the harp by P. M. Meyer ('Not to be copied'); hymn-tunes (to words by Thomas Kelly, William Cowper, John Newton, Joseph Addison, Reginald Heber, etc.); Scotch airs (to words by Miss --- Drinkwater); chants by Sir J. Stepenson; a psalm-tune; a Portuguese song ('modinha'); etc.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Musical notation, English, German, Portuguese.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume III (Aberystwyth, 1961), pp. 270-271.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly Verney MS 9.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 10926B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Name access points
- Cramer, John Baptist, 1771-1858. (Subject)
- Weber, Carl Maria von, 1786-1826 (Subject)
- Boieldieu, François Adrien, 1775-1834. (Subject)
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. (Subject)
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827 (Subject)
- Hummel, Johann Nepomuk, 1778-1837. (Subject)
- Meyer, Philippe-Jacques, 1737-1819 (Subject)
- Kelly, Thomas, 1769-1854. (Subject)
- Cowper, William, 1731-1800 (Subject)
- Newton, John, 1725-1807. (Subject)
- Addison, Joseph, 1672-1719 (Subject)
- Heber, Reginald, 1783-1826 (Subject)
- Stepenson, J., Sir (Subject)
Genre access points
- Piano music -- England -- 19th century
- Quadrilles -- 19th century
- Waltzes -- 19th century
- Dance music -- 19th century
- Dance music -- 18th century.
- Waltzes -- 18th century
- Drinking songs -- Germany
- Songs -- Scotland
- Songs -- Tyrol
- Songs -- Ireland.
- Songs -- France.
- Songs -- Denmark
- Songs -- Germany
- Marches -- 19th century
- Harp music -- 19th century
- Music -- Hungary
- Hymns -- 19th century
- Music -- Scotland -- 19th century
- Chants -- 19th century
- Psalms (Music) -- 19th century
- Songs, Portuguese -- 19th century
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales