5 Archival description results for Aberarth (Wales)
5 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- NLW MS 12533E.
Part of Morgan Richardson Manuscripts,
A register of leases granted by individual dignitaries of the cathedral church of St. David's of prebends, lands, etc., which were in their possession by virtue of their cathedral preferments. The volume commences with a record of the acts expedited during the visitation of the cathedral church by Bishop Nicolas [Claggett], bishop of the diocese, in 1736-1737, and a copy of the injunction issued by the bishop on that occasion, ordering the registration of existing leases already granted by individual members of the cathedral church and of all such future grants. Consequent upon this injunction, leases of the following were transcribed and registered between 1737 and 1761 (the dates in brackets are those of the actual grant) - the prebend of Meydrim with its appurtenances in Mydrim, co. Carmarthen (1731), the lordship and manor of Kinoch [sic] Craig, parish of Marthry [sic], and the rectory or prebend of Marthry, co. Pembroke (1733), the prebend of Llawhadden and a capital messuage called St. Kenocks, co. Pembroke (1717), a messuage and lands called Tyrsais in the town and fields of Carvarchell, parish of St. Davids, and the profits and chief rents of the manor or lordship of Carvarchell, co. Pembroke (1733), the rectory of Llandewy Aberarth, co. Cardigan (1737), the prebend of Llangan, cos. Pembroke and Carmarthen (1731/2), the manor or lordship of Treffgarne alias Trawgarne, parish of St. Dogwells, and the manor or lordship of Llandrydian, parish of St. Davids, co. Pembroke (1735), the prebend or rectory of Spittle, co. Pembroke (1733/4) the prebendal church of Lampeter Pont Stephen, co. Cardigan (1736), the prebendal churches and rectories of Llandissillio and Gogo alias Llandissillio and Llangrannogg, co. Cardigan (1724, 1750 and 1761), messuages and lands in or near Carmarthen 1732 and 1750), the rectory of Landevriog, co. Cardigan (1734/5), the rectory of Llanthew, co. Brecknock (1738), the rectory of St. Davids in Llanvase, co. Brecknock (1740 and 1761), a messuage called Torbant, parish of Llanrian, co. Pembroke (1747 and 1755), and the parsonage of Llowes, co. Radnor, with the chapels of Llanthewy Vach and Penpont (1753).